Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Task 2 - post - Zeniviroments

Zach Johnsen is an illustrator who specializes in watercolor, pen & ink, and mixed media works on paper. His medium of choice is the micron pen and he uses them exhaustively to describe a world of ghouls, monsters, and misfits – the shady characters in everyday life, but just hidden from normal view. I admire Johnsen's illustration style as it has it own unique quality with the use of water colours and the contrast between black and white and the vibrant colours of the water colour.

2 comments:

  1. I dig the sketch lines underneath. I also dig the misfits, which do you think is his favorite song? I like the one where they play the guitar, you know the one I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like combination of watercolour and ink. The image associates with all of us doing all these assignments.....

    ReplyDelete